Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Just another Manic Wednesday ...

... tonight ... some interesting stuff on - I mentioned the Gilgryst Cup Final at Hyde United earlier in the week - I won't be there, because I'm off to the Bridgewater Hall to see Rokia Traore from Mali - for those who've never heard of same check out this 70 second "bits and bobs" video from a few weeks ago in New York City - it's Youtube - the sound is poor - but you'll get the idea ...



We mustn't forget the other "big match" tonight - Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur - the town of Mossley is awash with Reds and Blues .. but it would be nice to think they'll all be shouting for one team and one team only tonight (a forlorn hope knowing some of the Reds "wot I know" but .. you never know).

Other news - little - had a quick peep in Seel Park today whilst on the way to the Co-op - nothing yet ref the new floodlights - got an e-mail ref my job interview the other Friday - the recruiter said he put four up for the job - two are definite "no's" and there's me and one other guy "still under consideration". With the dearth of interviews etc that I've had (or not), it's a bit of a victory so far (beaten two at least !!!) and a bit of a confidence booster knowing that I'm still in the frame, therefore I must have something to offer someone - still have to keep plugging away mind ...

... and finally for now - that garden jobby - all we need to do now is put sand (or gravel ?) between the stones - and apparently some "alpines" around the edges ...



.

No comments: