Thursday, June 28, 2012

One of those Days ...

... when you wish you took a decent camera to work ... coming back from Uppermill towards Greenfield today - via the canal for a change - I came across this on the towpath, ironically (?!) close to the "Herons Reach" housing 'complex' (OK one single street !) ... this was as close as I could get - and for the second time in a week - I was reduced to cameraphone ...


















Meanwhile in the world of football namesakes - I see Tom Cruise has moved from Arsenal to Torquay ... and closer to home there's a rumour that the ex-Ashton United player Tom Baker has left FC Halifax Town to move to Droylsden (this one needs to be confirmed though !). Got me thinking (for a change) about others ... James Dean who used to play for Stalybridge Celtic ... Paul Weller (who also apparently played a couple of games for Stalybridge Celtic in 2004) ... Michael Jackson (ex-Bury) ... Robbie Williams (ex-Altrincham) ... to name but a few.

The football season cannot come soon enough ...

One other "bit of a giggle" that came my way - from the Olympic Torch relay in Ashton-under-Lyne last Sunday featuring two Stalybridge Celtic fans - one as torch bearer and one as "comedy moment"  - I give you Martin Plant and Tony Worral !!!




(P.S. - wages came through eventually - just before the latest banking scandal broke !!!)
.

No comments: