Friday, September 07, 2012

That was Some Week at Work ...

... thought last week was bad what with Bank Holiday and stuff - but it's been little different this week as well - in fact today I got dragged in an hour early due to sheer volume of mail and packets (remember of course the "official RM line" is "Mail volumes are down" - not on my shift they're not !!)  Saga Holidays are one of the prime culprits - they're certainly making sure that the younger posties of today will never get around to taking advantage of Saga - huge thick brochures that weigh a lot !!  Daft thing is ... I'm eligible for Saga as well - but there's NO WAY I'd sign up - don't want to upset my postie !!  

Other damage this week - bitten by a ... CAT !!  You know the sort - playful one minute then straight for the jugular (OK left hand) - not unlike our old dearly departed Tissy who was just the bloody same.  Also this week I've been threatened ... see below ...

















Scary eh ???  NOT !  For a start I'd hear 'em coming (all those bells etc) - and what would they hit me with ?? Multiple handkerchiefs ???  Any more of this and I'll set fire to their rushcart - with the chap on top (tee hee !!).

Enough non-football gubbins ... a quick "WELL DONE" to Maxine at Curzon Ashton - she's had one of her footy photos published in this week's "Tameside Reporter" (and credited as "Official Curzon Ashton Photographer" as well !!).

Tomorrow ... hmmm ... back to the usual proviso which involves "what time will I finish ???".  Four options - Hyde FC at home to Hereford, Mossley at home to Goole in the league; Curzon Ashton in the FA Cup at home to Maltby Main (probably miss this one out considering they've got an "official" photographer !!); and Droylsden at home to Solihull Moors in the Conference North.  I'd dearly like to head down to the Butchers Arms as Droylsden are the only one of the "Six Tame Sides" I've yet to see this season - and I reckon they'll win tomorrow and get out of the bottom three.  But time of course is the final factor - plus me and Mrs Smiffy are out in the evening (off to Rochdale) - and tomorrow it's going to be a scorcher - allegedly (according to BBC Weather - the postman's friend !!).  P.S. best of luck to Belper Town tomorrow in their FA Cup "derby" away at Matlock Town - and also hopefully Stafford Rangers can break a habit of a lifetime (OK the last few years) by avoiding FA Cup defeat at a lesser league team ... this year's "pitfall" is Stourport Swifts ...

Now ... "can I be bovvered" to watch anything of the Moldova game tonight ???   Being on ITV I can probably stick it on the laptop in the background I guess ... getting towards teatime now so ....

 (1830hrs update) - Tea in 5 apparently - so time for one more silly ... remember we went walking up on the Cleveland Way a few weeks back ?? Involved a couple of days in Whitby ?? Well we took advantage of the Co-op there (probably for alcohol - can't really remember !!) and must have used loyalty card as well.  So - today we get a letter from the Co-op containing three £5 off vouchers - for the Co-op in Whitby - not much use I'm afraid ...
.
.

No comments: